Real Diaper Week is just days away! We are so excited about our chance to make a week out of what we usually spread throughout the year. Here is what the Real Diaper Circle of Wayne County in North Carolina has planned.
- Contacting the local radio station to ask for an interview that focuses on the benefits of cloth diapering and the support offered by the Real Diaper Association.
- Sharing the “Introduction to Cloth Diapers with ASL” video our Circle made on the Facebook page.
- Contacting the local waste department to ask for their support in spreading the word about our Circle and to get ideas for reaching more families in our community about the benefits of reusable diapers.
- Sharing the What A Waste link, “But I heard…”
- Contacting the Health Department ask about scheduling a class for cloth diapering on a budget.
- Collecting diapers to send to “Giving Diapers, Giving Hope.” We will also be collecting diapers at our table during The Great Cloth Diaper Change.
- Contacting the Partnership for Children of Wayne County to inquire about starting a “Cloth Diapers in Daycare” class for daycare providers. We will be sharing the structure and procedures followed by a local daycare already using cloth diapers.
- Sharing the Daycare Tip Sheet on the Facebook page for our Circle.
- Purchasing unpaper towels for myself and encouraging the Circle members to do a similar action.
- Sharing “Top Ten (Money & Earth-Saving) Reuse Tips” from the Reuse Alliance.
- Representing the Real Diaper Circle of Wayne County at Great Cloth Diaper Change of the Piedment hosted by Sweetbottom’s Baby.
- Collecting diapers for “Giving Diapers, Giving Hope.”
- Spreading the word about cloth diapers and our Circle at the local Earth Day Festival.
- Handing out packets of flower seeds with a message to “Help Us Grow.”
I will also be wearing my “Ask me about cloth diapers” pin every day and putting my homemade “Real Simple. Real Diapers.” bumper sticker on my van.
How will you be spending your Real Diaper Week?
- Heather Bradley
Real Diaper Circle of Wayne County Leader
Board Member, Real Diaper Association