The Real Diaper Association’s mission is to get more babies into reusable cloth diapers. Our three main reasons for promoting real diapers are simply that they’re better for the environment, for babies, and for family finances. With all of those benefits, cloth diapers are a worthwhile cause.
Worthwhile or not, though, there isn’t a lot of money to support a cause that effectively takes money away from a powerful industry – the single-use disposable diaper industry. Who are the beneficiaries of our message? Parents who are struggling to afford diapers, babies, and future generations living on this planet – - none of whom are financially able to support spreading this message on their behalf.
Do you fall into one of the following categories?
- A parent grateful for having found and used cloth diapers for their child.
- A parent who wished they would have had / known about the current cloth diapering options available.
- Someone who believes in the benefits of reusables and/or rejects the use of single-use plastics (like bags, cups, etc).
- One of my friends or family members who was planning to give me some useless tchotchke that I’m going to be forced to find a place for or carefully regift.
- 70+ and temporarily allowed to gift up to a $100,000 distribution from your IRA or Roth IRA to a charity tax-free.
If so, here’s an idea – help change diapering practices in 2012 by supporting cloth diaper awareness and education.
Join our fundraising effort Wednesday and Thursday (12/14 and 12/15). From 7am Pacific Time on Wednesday through 7pm Pacific Time on Thursday, all donations to the Real Diaper Association over $25 will be partially matched by the San Diego Foundation!
PLEASE NOTE: Only MasterCard, Visa and AMEX donations will be accepted and matched for this event. Discover donations will not be accepted or matched.
To participate, please go to our website at http://realdiaperassociation.org. On our homepage, you can enter your payment information and make a contribution, which, of course, is tax-deductible. If you have any trouble, go to http://giveBIGsandiego.org, search for the Real Diaper Association and donate from there.
I’m warming up my hand for the thank you notes now…
Executive Director, Real Diaper Association